Saturday, June 2, 2012

First Times and EpiPens.

                  WE HAVE BEEN BUSY!
Here are some things that happened for the first time. 

We picked our first vegetable from our garden. What a good looking' cucumber! We have many more on the way and Holland will be making some pickles soon!


My first bird rescue!   I rescued a bird after being attacked by a cat at my moms house. I brought it back to my place and I believe he got himself back together after the shock of being attacked and flew away. 



Our friend Dan tried Blue Bell Ice Cream for the first time! He is from Massachusetts and had never even heard of the creamy comfort that comes from Brenham, Texas! Boy was he missing out ;) He tried my favorite flavor: Southern Blackberry Cobbler. If you have not tried it, I recommend not buying a gallon of it because you may just eat it all. 



Holland got his first EpiPen.  He got stung by a bee in his arm right after Christmas and it was swollen for about a week. I am talking SWOLLLLENN. His arm was huge, hot, red and itchy itchy itchy. We tried benadryl, all kinds of ointments and NOTHING helped. Since he works at a brewery there is always sugary liquids around him and therefore bees like to hang out there too. I have been trying to get him to go to the doctor since Christmas because everyone kept saying that the next sting would be much worse. Well my friends, after 5 months he finally went and they prescribed him some EpiPens.  He is now safe for the next 18 months which makes my heart more at ease.  

I went and got his prescription yesterday and it came with two pens and also a practice one. The practice one does not have a needle so that you can practice jamming it in your outer thigh without the actual medicine going into your body.  
Holland went camping this weekend and I unfortunately could not go because of a pesky pinched nerve in my back. I was trained this year on how to use an EpiPen because we had students with severe allergies. Therefore, I was the expert, right? So, to prepare him for what could happen( getting stung by bee in neck and being unable to breathe and dying, getting stung by bee), I used the practice pen and showed him the steps and then the final step came and I JAMMED IT IN HIS LEG! Then he said "There is a needle in there". My eyes went HUGE and I said "WHAT?!" There is not supposed to be one and "Oh my God, Holland I am so sorry!" "Does it hurt?" Hol:"Yes it hurts you just stabbed me with a needle!"
 He then said it would only be fair for me to let him stab me with it and I begged and told him that the practice one looked just like the one we used at school and there was no needle so you can do what it says......... PRACTICE! Then he laughed and said there was not a needle. 

He really just loves messing with me...... I am really glad I did not stab Holland with a needle. 

I also have come to the conclusion that I am the most gullible person in the world.....





No comments:

Post a Comment