Thursday, May 31, 2012

1 year down, 40 more to go!

 I have finished up my first year of teaching! I have honestly had such an amazing year and I really want to thank the people that have helped me through and through all year long.


First my team.  I have laughed, cried and vented with these ladies for the past 180 days and we have stuck by each other through thick and thin.  I am so happy that we are together again next year!

Secondly, My mom. She helped me set up my entire classroom and was along for our field trip, parties and parades. My class loved her and what is even more awesome, she loved them just as much.  There is not one thing my mom would not do for my class.  I am grateful for her unconditional love and support that she not only showed me, but my students.


I also want to thank my very own Kindergarten teacher. Miss Betty was everything I ever dreamed of being at five years old and I am so lucky to get to do what she did and loved, teach. I thought about her ALL the time this past year. Wondering if I made the right decisions, if I pushed too hard or if I should push harder.  She is one of the most influential people in my life and I hope that my students feel about me the way I do about her.


Last, but definitely not least, I want to thank my students. They have taught me so much this year and I never thought any adult could learn as much as they could from a kindergartner. They taught me how to be silly, carefree and patient.   I learned to get everything the same color and only give two choices with ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.  I learned how to tie shoes the best way and really people, a kiss on a the hand or a quick hug can really fix almost any injury. 



Before school started we had to go to all kinds of trainings as a team and there was some words of advice that a district facilitator gave us. She showed us a picture of a child that looked similar to this. 

She then said "THIS is how kindergarten should feel".  From this point on I was determined to get ALL my students to feel like this. I am so pumped to be able to teach Kindergarten again and keep on seeing these smiles that melt your heart. 


One year down, 40 more to go ;)   I hope that everyone has a safe and fun summer! 





1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Those kids were lucky to have you as their teacher :)

    ReplyDelete