Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Padre and a Turtle

This was a big weekend to celebrate my dad. Not only was it Fathers Day, but it was his 54th Birthday as well! We wanted to go out to eat on Saturday thinking we were smarter than everyone else trying to go out on Sunday, but everyone was just as smart as we were and it was packed. We did not have to wait long and it was well worth the wait!
 I am always on my dad about eating too much red meat. Usually when I go eat with him and my mom he orders fish or a salad but I know deep down what he really enjoys... a medium, juicy piece of beef!  For our ten year anniversary, Holland and I went to Chama Gaucha (a Brazilian Steak House) and I immediately thought of my dad and how I needed to take him here. He seemed to really enjoy it. 14 different types of meat and the supply is unlimited! We ate and ate and ate and drank some delicious Australian Muscato and enjoyed vanilla bean ice cream, creme brulee and flan for dessert. YES, we went ALL out on the eating part. 

He looks very focused!



Padre and Madre


My family. 
Today I spent the ENTIRE day at my parents' house. I have not spent an entire day there in a long time. I loaded up the pups and some groceries and headed over right after I woke up and drank some coffee. Bleu swam in the pool and Hannah chased him. I started the gumbo in the crock pot(recipe to come next!) and caught up on all my reality television that I used to watch. Holland and I have been cable free for almost a year. We survive with Hulu and Netflix and surprisingly I was not that affected by it but today I was all about catching up with the Kardashians! I was watching the shows in my parents room where I had successfully recorded them and my dad came over to watch them too(because he is just as obsessed as I am with the Kardashian family!) Within ten minutes he started snoring and then he snorted so loud he woke himself up and we were both laughing hysterically. I felt like I had a bunch of these great moments with my dad today. We laughed a bunch, we relaxed, we cooked and we talked about Grandma Jones. He ate oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies that I made for him and he was even nice enough to share them with family that came over.  
note:** if you have run out of ideas of what to get your dad, boyfriend, husband, etc- baking is the way to go. The way to a mans heart is through his stomach! 

All in all it was an awesome day full of genuine laughs and smiles. Now... let me tell you about this turtle!

My dad's office has a window to the front  of the house and he said"There's a guy walking up to the front door......... he has a turtle...... he is bringing the turtle to the front door......." The guy was really nice and said he found this poor turtle struggling and trying to get on the curb and he thought maybe he was our pet and the turtle was just trying to get home. I thought it was silly and sweet. Being the caring animal lovers my mom and I are, we got a bucket and were off to the pond within 10 minutes of the turtles arrival on the doorstep. HE WAS HUGE.


 In our mind I think we envisioned the turtle to run towards the water immediately but he was too scared and just stayed in his shell until he was about two inches from the water then he booked it and never looked back! This is the second turtle we have rescued and hopefully he will like his new home.


See ya later!!
 Hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.  I know I can say I am lucky to call Rick Bruns my dad. He is the most hard-working person I know. He would do anything and everything for anyone and support you as long as you need him along the way. Thank you dad for being so giving and generous with your time, wisdom and energy.
Any man can be a father.  It takes someone special to be a dad.  ~Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment