Saturday, June 9, 2012

Minestrone Soup


Holland is my biggest critic. He usually always has a way to improve everything that I bake/cook at home. He will say stuff like "Next time, maybe you should add some more sauce", or "Hey, it was good but I think this side would go with it better" and my favorite thing he has said about his grandmothers banana nut bread recipe that I make very often is "It does not taste as good as last time". 

 I want to make it clear that he REALLY appreciates how often I cook and bake. He also loves to cook and he has a great sense of tastebuds and what will go together well.  I give his mother the credit for always brainstorming ways to improve something to make it better. It really does not hurt my feelings because he clears his plate every time and in the end my cooking has improved because he gives constructive criticism. However I get a huuuuuge smile on my face when he says " This is one of my favorite things you have ever made!". 
DELICIOUS!

Crock Pot Minestrone! The best thing about this recipe is that the crock pot does 75 percent of the work and you do not have to hover and get hot in the kitchen. Make this on a day where you know you are going to be exhausted after work or on a weekend when you just want to lay around and watch movies. 

Recipe: Put into lined crockpot. 


  • 32 oz. box chicken broth
  • can diced tomatoes
  • teaspoon chopped garlic
  • 2 carrots sliced
  • 2 celery stalks sliced
  • 1/2 large white onion diced
  • 15 oz. can cannelinni beans(drained)
  • 15 oz. can kidney beans(drained)
  • sprig of rosemary 
  • 4 bay leaves
  • 2 teaspoons chopped basil
  • dash of salt and pepper
Cook all of this on low for 6 hours. 

after 6 hours has finished switch setting to HIGH then add:
  • medium zuchinni chopped
  • 2 cups of fresh spinach

while the zucchini and spinach is cooking in crock pot, boil small shell pasta- about 3 and a half cups. Once cooked through add to crock pot. 

Once the zucchini is tender top with parmesan and enjoy. 








No comments:

Post a Comment