Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mediterranean Pasta

YUMMO!! I got the original recipe from a magazine my dad bought me. It was a skinny slow cooker magazine book and I have been making stuff from it all year long. I made this once before but wanted to attempt a vegetarian version of it. Here it goes with my twists!

In crock pot put:
-4 carrots peeled and cut into thick slices.
-1 medium yellow onion sliced.
-1 yellow sweet pepper seeds and sliced.
-I can diced tomatoes(do not drain).
-3 cups vegetable stock
-1 teaspoon chopped garlic.
-salt and pepper to taste.

Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

During last hour add:

-3 zucchinis cut into slices then cut in half.

** if you are unable to add to cook zucchini on low for last half hour due to work I would kick your crock pot to the high setting and cook for 30 minutes instead.

Prepare your choice of pasta, I used whole wheat penne. Top veggies onto pasta and you can add basil Gremelota-recipe below!

Basil Gremelota
Mix all ingredients together.

-8 basil leaves chopped
-1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
-olive oil
-a tablespoon or more of parmesan.

Holland said he liked this a lot. Said it had ton of great flavors and he is taking leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

NOW! Back to the OLYMPICS!! I am loving the women's gymnastics!

No comments:

Post a Comment