Sunday, July 8, 2012

July Love

I love the beginning of July because it is a time where I get to help celebrate two awesome people in my life, My mom and my sister, Vanessa.















Third of July
We celebrated my moms birthday at the lakehouse last weekend.  Her actual birthday is on July 3rd but she is so awesome that we celebrated all weekend as well. My mom got her wish of finally having our own broil at the house and MY OH MY was it delicious. GREAT IDEA MOM!!



Fourth Of July
For the actual Holiday of July 4th. We had dinner with our friends Jon, Sarah, Dan, Megan and Josh and then we drove downtown to watch the fire works. WOW. BEST. FIREWORK. SHOW. EVER.  It lasted about 20 minutes but I swear there was always at least 3 fireworks exploding at all times. I am always amazed by fireworks. It does not matter how often you have seen them, but when they come on everyone just stop and stares at the dark sky and everyone says stuff like "Oooh, look at that one" and "oh my gosh!, so beautiful!" Noone is worried about checking their phones or talking too much to the person next to them. They really are beautifully entertaining.

Eighth of July 
Today my sister hit the big three two! We had a really relaxing day at my parents house. We laid by the pool, swam, barbecued,  chatted and listened to the Kardashians playing in the background (Thank you dad!).
Yummy fajitas!

Vanessa and Dawn and Stella the chi weenie. 
It is good that the fourth of July always falls between my sister and my moms birthday. It is perfect because fireworks describe both of their personalities. They are both strong, colorful, loud and always entertaining to any crowd they come across. They are also both very hyper and I am 99.9% sure that my sister got all her ADHD genes from my mom because she never sits down.  They both have hearts of gold and they are both very forgiving.
 Life with both of them is fun and always an adventure and I look forward to many more years of celebrating their birthdays with fireworks in between. Love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment