Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fearless!

Our friend Sarah had her birthday celebration at Paintball Knights today! She ran the idea by us a few weeks ago and wanted to make sure we would go and play. I played paintball MANY years ago and I had not been back since. I figured I should give it another try and we would be playing against people we knew so it would make it more entertaining.

We thought it would be awesome! I was not even really nervous about playing until I had the sun beating down on me and a mask covering my face and paintballs flying towards me! The first few games I was SO sneaky and I ran to the nearest barrier and stayed there and attempted to shoot the other team members. I took my first paintball in the arm and it stung but it wasn't that bad after about a minute... must have been the adrenaline running through my veins!


I started to notice that all the other people on my team would fire off towards the other side of the field while they ran to their barrier at the beginning of the game. About game 3 is where I became more ambitious and decided to try this tactic.... However I ended up just shooting my friend Jon right in the back of the neck while he was about 8 feet away from me! ** I did not use this move for the remainder of the day**I felt terrible and kept apologizing and Jon tried to make me not feel bad because he knew it was an accident and he just said" You know, I have always wanted to know how it felt to get hit so close and it really isn't that much worse than when you get hit from far away.." Poor Jon even got hit in the mouth, luckily he had a mask to protect him though!

Jon and Sarah 
Holland and Dan
We had an awesome time at Paintball!! My favorite games were capture the piƱata!!! We all got a few battle bruises to show how tough we were today!

After paint balling we were so nasty and sweaty and well...covered in paint, so we went swimming at Sarah's neighborhood pool.  We played geronimo where one person stands outside of the pool and everyone else holds onto the ledge in the pool and people take off swimming and the person outside of the pool has to try and catch them. We started diving off the diving board and jumping in and then the guys just got a little crazy and started doing flips. The girls decided to make it a competition and we gave the guys titles for each round like: Biggest cannon ball, longest dive, smallest wave, etc. etc. AND THEN IT HAPPENED! Megan suggested leisure diving and then that consumed the rest of our time at the pool. Do you know what leisure diving is? Take a look at the best pictures captured of today.

We were all laughing hysterically and all the guys I am sure are sore from this because they literally did this for about 30 minutes straight and it just kept getting better and better each time. It then transitioned from leisure diving to free leisure diving.


We had such an awesome day, but we are REALLY tired and a little sore. Motrin here we come! Thank you Sarah for letting us be a part of celebrating your birthday! We always know we are going to have an amazing time with you wherever we go. :)

P.s. How cool do we look with our purple and red bruises?! A little painful but totally worth the fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment