Sunday, July 15, 2012

Love is in the Air!


 Yesterday we celebrated the marriage of our friends, Clair Lavender and Kenny Hicks. It was a beautiful, beautiful day.  Weddings always get me teary eyed. It is just such a special time to show everyone how crazy in love you are.  It is a time for friends and family to gather to celebrate the journey of a couple starting their lives together.

My favorite part of weddings is of course when the bride walks down the aisle, but my ULTIMATE favorite part is watching the grooms face.  I can see so much happiness in Kennys face and you can see the love overflowing in his smile. I am sure that this feeling makes all the planning and stress melt away just to feel this moment. 

 These two are crazy about each other.  Holland and I are lucky to have been friends with them for so many years. They are both SO funny and outgoing. They are going to have such a wonderful life together and I know they will have plenty of love and laughter along the way.

Weddings to me feel like reunions.




You get to catch up with people you may not get to see very often........














You get to be silly and really kick back and have a good time.......


You get to hang out with girlfriends and fight for the bouquet.......
You get to dance ALL night......( after switching to flat shoes!)
You get to pretend that you are in the Dirty Dancing movie with your friends...
 And lets face it... It is always fun to get dressed up nicely for an evening!

 Most importantly, you get to feel love in the air and witness the happiness of two people coming together and joining forces for a lifetime. Congrats Kenny and Clair Hicks!! We are so very happy for you and the love that you have found in each other.



Few Camera Phone Shots from the After Party!

Clair, Amanda and I. 

Hilarious!

Holland and I with Libby

1 comment: