Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week Re-Wind and COMPOST!



Wheeeew. This past week was a crazy whirlwind. It was Fiesta week in San Antonio and Holland and I went to Niosa with my family on Tuesday night. We had a field trip with the Kinders on Wednesday to the Magik Theatre to see the Velveteen Rabbit.  My throat was hurting but I thought it was just from the weather change, possibly yelling to friends at Niosa.... but it was worse.  I got strep for the first( and hopefully last) time ever.

I have never felt so sick in my life. Thank GOD my mom was here to take me to the doctor and get my meds and calm Holland down because he looked like he had seen a ghost when I was just laying on the bed not talking with a 102 fever. I feel SO much better.  Thankfully we had Friday off for Fiesta so I only had to call in to work for one day.

So after 2 full days of recuperating, we got back out to celebrate Fiesta some more. We went to the King William Fair which is held in a downtown historic part of town. It is AWESOME. Holland and I kept talking about all the houses we wanted to buy in that neighborhood. They are just SO cool. The fair had a lot of the same food as NIOSA, but they also had some art vendors as well. There were TONS of dogs around because they had a puppy parade in the morning.

Sunday was dedicated to friends and our garden.









 Today I forced Holland to do his project.... a compost pile. Now I have only told a few the story of the first compost pile because it is slightly embarrassing and very gross.  So..... the first compost pile was an old recycling bin that we put a bunch of our food into... it eventually just turned COMPELTELY TURNED into a bin of..... maggots. I was so afraid that Bleu was going to eat some of it and come and puke up worms in the house so when Holland was gone one weekend I paid someone to take it away... FAR AWAY.

Once we started our Spring/Summer Garden Holland brought the idea up and I told him it was a lllllll his project.  I told him I would help dedicate things to put in the compost, but he needed to build it, and take care of it and not let it turn into a pile of maggots. ( I know the maggots are "good" for the compost  but seriously.... the last one there wasn't even any dirt left.... just WORMS ALLL WORMS EWW.


Holland building our compost area. He even put a wire fence in the front so Bleu cannot eat anything from it! YAY :)



 Baby Bleu after being brushed, just relaxing. Hannah just being cute.
 Our pretty backyard! Our Neighbors behind us recently built their own privacy fence so we have a fully fenced in yard now!
 Holland sent me some flowers to work last week and they were still doing okay but half of them started to die. Wanted to dry them out and save them because they were so gorgeous.
 I have tried a new way of labeling our garden out. RIVER ROCK! My mom has a bunch of these leftover from my cousins wedding centerpieces and I just used a paint marker to mark the veggies. Cheap and easy.

Here are a few other photos from the weekend! On the bottom left corner you can see the finished product on the compost pile! Summer is almost here! Every weekend it feels more and more like it.
Hope you all have a fabulous week!





No comments:

Post a Comment