Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter Celebrations



Holland came back from D.C.  in the evening on Easter so I spent the day with my family at my parents house.  It has been a while since we had a barbecue and it was nice to relax. I made some pasta salad, deviled eggs, and these easy brownie cupcakes.
 All you need is brownie mix, cake mix and cream cheese frosting. Make box mixes as directed- put a scoop of brownie mix then a scoop of cake mix and bake! SO delicious. I got white cake mix and used food coloring for different colors!



Another new thing I brought to Easter this year was conversation dinner starters. I got the questions from this link:
Easter Conversation Printables

Everyone seemed to really like this! I cut up all the strips and put them in plastic eggs and passed them around. It was funny to hear peoples answers. I also learned that my dad always got his Easter basket on the kitchen table. I thought that was interesting since when we were kids, we always got our baskets on the fireplace. I always thought the Easter Bunny came through the chimney like Santa. :)
Cardenas Clan

Tio Greg and I after a cascarone battle. 

I was at the airport picking up Holland when the crazy storm was coming through San Antonio. Luckily I missed all the hail and it cleared up by the time he landed. We got home and I gave him his basket filled with a beer and a chopping knife. He was definitely missed while he was gone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment