Sunday, April 7, 2013

Vegas!

Okay, I am doing some SERIOUS catching up on our blog today. I have so much I want to write about but am just now finding the time to sit down and type away. Holland and I were travelistas in the month of March. We went to a friends wedding in Houston, Santa Fe, Vegas and Holland went to D.C. for a brewers convention and thankfully I was able to stay home. This is our first weekend at home together since March 16th! I am going to start off our first catching up blog from our trip to Vegas for my cousins 21st birthday and My 5th annual 21st birthday!



Above is a picture of the whole group! My uncle Greg, PP, Billy, Dawn, Grandma, Holland, Ness, Amanda, me, Danny, Nikki, my Mom and Dad.  We all flew from San Antonio but my cousin and her husband flew from Chicago and they were in for a surprise!!  PP did not know that we had tricked her and brought her dad along with us. It was the best secret I ever kept! TWO MONTHS PEOPLE! I tried to just not talk about the trip with her and her dad did a great job of not spilling the beans either. 

My original surprise plan(insert evil laugh here) MUAHAHAHAHA. 
1.LIE to pp and tell her to meet us at the hotel. She would be so surprised that we were at the airport waiting for her in the luggage dept. 
2. Show her her dads picture on a stick to REMIND her that he was "not here" but here in spirit on a stick. 
3. PP gets all sad because her dad is not here. 
4. BAM!! Have tio greg walk up and we all get excited. 

Well right as PP and Billys flight landed my mom brought up the idea that she probably carried on all her luggage because she packs SO LIGHT. She has like a forrest gump sized suitcase on her long travel trips so I had to quickly revise the plan to. 
1. Tell PP SURPRISEE!!!! We are here, meet us at the luggage claim
2. Show tio greg on a stick. 
3. BAM!!! He shows up. 

It worked soooooo great and my cousin was SOO surprised. She got tears in her eyes and then hit him like the Hill in her :)




This is our Tio Greg pose. 
We all had such a fabulous time. I seriously I am in love with Vegas. I love playing black Jack and I get so addicted to that feeling of excitement!! To me, to win money is nice but I really like just playing the game!! I downloaded blackjack on my iPad and have been coping with that since we are no longer in Vegas!

The Birthday peeps!

 My grandma never looks at the camera!! haha.








  Some of the things we did:

* Walked all the way down the strip! We stayed at the Luxor and did the long walk all the way to Caesars!
* Saw the Beatles Love show. Holland and I saw it 6 years ago and it was still amazing. 
*Ate amazing yummy food! The pizza in Vegas is amazing. AMAZING. I ate that twice. 
*Gambled some money away. Luckily we found it again!
* Ate a sundae at Serendipitys. THE BEST!
*Stalked my dad in the High Limit room- he had ADHD when we were in Sin City!
* me the nicest dealer EVER named Julio. Every time we chanted his name "JU-LI-O", we would win :)
*danced the night away at a fun night club. 

 Billy and I had a dance off :)  I won by default because it was my birthday :)

We also got to meet up with some friends that now live in Vegas!! It is so nice to pick up where things left off. So happy we got to spend some fun times with them! I am also jealous that they are minutes away from the strip!









We had such an amazing time. Every trip I have been on to Vegas with my dad is always one to remember. My mom said it in the best words "He treats us like we are celebrities". I will never forget this awesome trip with some of the best people around. My dad is already itching to go back. I told him " In the summer!" and he looked at me crazy because it seems too far away. He was thinking like we should go again next weekend. Thanks mom, dad and nessa for the great birthday celebration! 

P.S.  I am now on the downhill slope to 30. :) Totally okay with it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment