Sunday, April 14, 2013

11th Anniversary


Holland and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary this weekend! We started off by going to Real Ale's 17th Anniversary party in Blanco. The event had around 1,000 people and it was dog friendly. THANK GOODNESS Hannah did not give us hell and was actually decent. She was going around sniffing everyone and making friends with other wiener dogs. Bleu was the social butterfly like he always is and was literally smiling the whole time. 


After the anniversary party we set off towards the lake house in Sunrise Beach, one of my favorite places in the world! I fell asleep in the car and woke up to Holland veering off onto the shoulder saying "WAKE UP! WE"RE TAKING PICTURES IN THE BLUEBONNETS!" The roads going up to the lake house were FILLED with bluebonnets. It is the best time of year in Texas. 

I had THE BEST shirt for our impromptu photo shoot :) Thanks Chris Mahler.



While I was going through pictures for this post I was laughing so hard out loud at how funny Holland was.


FACEBOOK PROFILE PIC!!
 Okay so my sister and Holland both told me that rattle snakes nest in bluebonnets. I did not have time to research this before our photo shoot and Holland wanted me to lay on my belly. He kept saying "JUST DO IT and GO FOR IT!!"I was hesitant but eventually got over it.






 Today we were REALLY lazy and laid in bed watching tv for what seemed like forever. Even and Hannah and Bleu were asleep and lazy with us. We don't have cable and we overdosed our selves on hoarders, say yes to the dress, extreme couponing and some drug enforcement agency show where they look for submarines. We came to the conclusion that extreme couponing is a form of hoarding. Seriously, you need 500 rolls of paper towels? You need all that formula? Oh and you don't have a baby? Makes total sense.... haha.

Once we got going we hung out at the deck and Hannah and Bleu sunbathed and swam. We went on a boat ride and ate lunch at the marina as well.




We had a fabulous weekend away. This weekend really felt like summer was here.  8 more weeks and we will officially be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment