Friday, August 30, 2013

Third Year in Third Grade!




Well I survived my first week with Third Graders! I had the smoothest first day of school ever. It
 went by quick just like a breeze.  They did what I asked them to do, they were eager to show me what they already knew and were willing to help in any way possible.  This group of kiddos is really special.  This is definitely a different world compared to Kinder and there are going to be different challenges but I am loving it so far. They are big kids compared to Kindergarteners but they are still kids to me.  I am excited for the year to come and all the fun activities we will get to do together. Some of my favorite moments from the week are....
1. First day of school one of my kids asked where I went and they said they missed me when I took another student to the nurse. 
2.  A returning 3rd grade student told me they were worried they weren't going to like being in 3rd grade again but they were liking it and glad to be there. 
3.  Reading all of the writing that they were all doing! One of the prompts we did this week was if you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Who would you take with you? What would you do there etc. They have such big imaginations. 
4. Watching the kids be so supportive of one another. Not one time this week did someone get upset for cutting line, not winning a game against a partner etc. They are all very respectful of each others feelings. 
5. Kids asking if they could take books home so that they could read and read and read!

I know there is so much work to do before April but I am going to not let my students be afraid of that thing called the STAAR test. I just keep telling them we are going to work SO hard all year that you will not be afraid of it and you will face it head on! I am so grateful for the fabulous team of ladies that I am working with. I appreciate y'alls help more than you know!

Now here are some pictures of my classroom that I took at Meet The Teacher.  


My friend found this on Teachers Pay Teachers! I love it because all of these things were just shoved in a container by my teacher desk last year. 

My Kidney Table. This is my only teacher table and it is working great so far! I only had an actual desk my first year teaching but found I never sat at it. 


One of our bulletin boards. I have put up some more things since I took this picture like our coupons that the students can earn by cashing in tickets they get for good behavior, manners and being proactive. 






Math area. Hoping to get some math work stations started soon!
I hope all my teacher friends had a great week back!

No comments:

Post a Comment