Sunday, August 18, 2013

Farewell Summer!

I want to start off this post by saying how grateful I am that I get to have a summer vacation. It is not the reason why I chose a teaching career, but boy is it a perk! I love that I have time to regroup, recharge my emotional battery and spend time with family and friends.

Holland and I had an interesting summer. We did very little traveling and large amounts of family visited us this year which was nice but next year I think we need to travel to get some good ju ju going.  Although they were minor things that happened like getting in a car accident, going on a river of death trip, Bleu stepping on a nail and spending hundred of dollars on vet bills, Holland hitting a buzzard and creating more road kill for his friends. I mean it all could have been much worse right? As I am typing this I am already laughing at all the crazy that happened. Even though it felt like a tiny dark cloud was following us we still has a busy summer filled with memories.

          SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS! 
                             Summer 2013
                     *In no particular order*
1. My cousin and her husband visiting from Chicago. 
2. Watching my mom destroy her birthday PiƱata. 



3. Movies on Sunday with my mom and Dad. 

4. Going to the Watering  Hole in Austin.

5. Getting to see my dad wear his favorite 4th of July t shirt. 

6. Visiting my college roommate/friend Deanne and her family. 
7. Making new recipes. 
8.Not setting an alarm for two months :)
9. Riding a Camel 

10. Feeding a Giraffe
11. Shellac Nail Polish



12. The Lake House and spending time with my sister 
13. Amy and Elise's Wedding
14. Reading books for school and for pleasure!
15. Natural Bridge WildLife Safari with Hollands mom. We also saw twin baby giraffes!
16. Spending time with Hannah and Bleu



17. Surprising Allison during her visit in Richmond!
18. Watching the entire show called Scandal. I AM HOOKED!
19. Hollands first beer release with Ranger Creek
20. Hollands family visiting!

21. Spending quality time with my momma and setting up my new classroom!

*blog to come with pictures of that!

I hope that all of you had a fabulous summer. There are few jobs that allow people to really re-charge and I feel refreshed and ready for a new year. I am starting my THIRD year of teaching in THIRD grade! 

No comments:

Post a Comment