Sunday, February 3, 2013

Movie Go-ers

THIS IS OUR 50th post!!!! Time to do a little dance and celebrate. It has almost been a year that this blog has been up and although there are times I wish I would have done post, I have been keeping up with this one way better than I did my first one!

So, Holland and I have been seeing a bunch of movies lately. It is a very exciting thing for us because the movie plot is usually a surprise since we do not have cable! Therefore, we never see any previews and/or spoilers that show too much of the movie. We usually go to the Alamo Drafthouse and are spoiled with choice of craft beers and we have servers to bring us our food.

We recently went to the Palladium with our friends, Jon and Sarah to see Gangster Squad. First off yummy Ryan Gosling was so handsome, Emma stone was gorgeous and Sean Penn was ridiculously scary looking which fit his role.  So back to the Palladium. It was our first time going to the Palladium and the only reason why we went there was because the Drafthouse was sold out of all their movies.  We go in and Sarah and I decide to have the guys save our seats and we will get food and beer. We go to order food and ask about their beers. The woman tells us the beer selection and when she told us the options that ranged from Dos Equis and Shiner, Shiner and Shiner. Sarah and I were both like " yea..... we don't drink that".  The woman continues to tell us to just get Dos Equis and how everyone loves Dos Equis.. Sarah and I started to giggle a little and were like um yea... thats okay... we will take some cokes.  After she rings us up she THEN tells us there is a bar upstairs with more beer choices. How convenient! We go upstairs(which by the way the Palladium is on steroids, so we took an elevator) we order some beers and take them back to the guys then go to get our food and sodas (since we thought they had nasty limited choices on beer). They give us the cups and inform us that we need to go to a drink station to get our sodas.  When I walk into the madness of about 20 people trying to get their sodas, I am filling up our cups and the lady next to me has a XXXL cup of purple slushee(like in Glee!) and drops it all on the floor. Thankfully it did not get on me and we walk to our theatre and realize that having servers is so much more fun and relaxing.



While watching any movie,  I have to admit that I have a tendency to ask questions (respectfully!). I always whisper to Holland and ask things just so I am sure I understand and sometimes I just turn to him and say " OH MY GOSH!!!". I cover my eyes thinking that will help and I have to remind myself to breathe during battle scenes and I cry.... I cry very easily.

Whisper convo during Argo:

me:" so are they trying to rescue the entire US embassy?! How are they going to do that?!"
Hol(still staring at the screen): They are answering your question right now.
me:" I MISSED IT, what did they say?"
Hol: Just watch the movie!"

AHHHH I get so invested in movies. I am that person that really feels like I am there. I held my breath and felt like passing out, my heart was beating so fast when they were going through the airport and then I cried and clapped with the rest of the audience when everyone was safe.

Last night I had the same exhausting feeling when we went to finally watch The Hobbit.  I was never really into all the Lord of The Rings movies. I saw the second one before the first and I really went to see them because Holland loved them so much. So I was totally caught off guard with how engaged I was watching the 3 hour film last night. It took me until I was 25 years old to finally understand Hollands passion with these stories and films. After the movie I was asking him questions about the rest of the movies because it had been so long since I saw them. NOW I WANT TO REWATCH THEM ALL! I let out a huge sigh of relief when all the dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf are all rescued by the huge   eagles.  When the movie ended I was shocked! I said WHAAAAT? Its over? We don't get to see them try to get into the lonely mountain?! HOW UNFAIR!  Hollands mom suggested I read the book and I will have to do because Holland cannot remember and it unable to answer my questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment