Wednesday, February 13, 2013

MAYBE...

I really try to be a positive person. I like to think that I am the kind of person who sees the glass as half full vs half empty.... Even in the most difficult times, I try to see what the lesson is. However, I had a hard time with this tonight.

Holland and I have gone to this Vegan restaurant multiple times and I have fallen in love with their peanut butter smoothie. It is like my go to thing on tough days at work and a quick fix on a sweet tooth. I never feel that bad drinking one because its all organic, agave sweetener and such to make me feel like I am kinda being healthy.  After dinner I told Holland "LETS GO!!

While Holland waited in the truck I hopped up the steps to the familiar sweet haven of this restaurant and was ready to place my order! Just to give you a feel of the place it is very small. They had about 3-4 tables of couples for dinner and two servers.  I have been here MULITIPLE times just to order a smoothie.

The lady asked me if I was placing an order to go and I said well not for food, just a smoothie! (literally with a smile on my face).  She said okay, here is the menu, tell the guy behind the counter what you want when you are ready. I did not even have to look at the menu, I already knew what I wanted! Then she came back and said "oh, you know... let me check with the chef to SEE if we can even do that". In my head I knew it would be done because it had been done before. THe guy then asks for my order and I say what I want. THIS LADY comes back and says " I'm sorry, we only have one chef tonight so we aren't going to be able to make your smoothie......"


My face literally went from a smile to something like this

I found this on Pinterest but totally think this girl is a pretty good representation of our future child.... 


She said she was sorry and that she recommended Thunder Cloud Subs for their smoothies.......

I walked back out to the truck where Holland was waiting and he said " Oh, they didn't have the stuff to make it?" With that same look on my face I said "NO! THEY HAVE THE STUFF TO MAKE IT BUT CAAAAANT BECAUSE THERES ONLY ONE CHEF!"

As we drove back home I started to kinda clam down and started my MAYBE positive thinking.

I do this when I get frustrated at silly stuff like when a car cuts me off and speeds away on the highway. I say well: MAYBE their wife is in labor and they are trying to get to the hospital.

So I told Holland " MAYBE the chef was overwhelmed and didn't feel like she could cook all the food and take the 5 minutes to make the smoothie and she wanted to please the OTHER customers..."

I took a deep breath and told Holland I wasn't being positive enough.... he agreed and said he loved how I was trying to be positive but it still came off a little( What's the word that rhymes with witchy? you get the picture)

 The I said okay let me try again...

"Maybe the chef didn't usually make the smoothies and felt completely overwhelmed on taking on a task that she had never done before while making the food".

Holland agreed that that could have been true.

In the end, I did not get my smoothie....... but MAYBE its because Holland can make me a better one at  home instead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment