Monday, September 3, 2012

VitaMix!!

I am obsessed with our new machine that my parents got us.... A VITAMIX MACHINE!!



COSTCO has a special going on right now and they are 150 dollars cheaper there vs. online.  When my mom first told me how much they were and that she wanted to get us one, I told her she was cuckoo. However, I was sold at the demonstration when he made smoothies, ice cream and tortilla soup in a matter of 15 minutes. You can make SOOOO many things with this and it chopped and grinds EVERYTHING. I am in love. I am hoping to get many more vegetables and nutrients into our diet with this crazy loud powerful blender!

This morning I made us Banana, blueberry and orange smoothies. I love the color that it became after being chopped and grinded to tasty bits. It tasted awesome. It sounded like our house was a Jamba Juice headquarters with how loud it got but it was just doing its job!

Thanks to Holland, all of our glasses are beer glasses from some sort of beer event. :)
Banana Blueberry Orange Smoothie:
* 3/4 cup water
*1/2 peeled medium orange
*1 banana
*1/2 cup frozen blueberries
*1/2 cup ice


While eating our breakfast, Holland and I made our first home made from scratch Hummus. This one is  Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. OH MY GOODNESS. It made so much. We spent probably around 4 bucks for the ingredients(probably because we had so much of the essential condiments like sesame seeds, garlic and ground cumin) but we usually buy packages that are about 1/3 portion from what we made for around $3.50 each.

You like that big old swipe down the middle from our tasting? haha
I am sure you could make this recipe with another type of food processor  so here it is straight from the Vitamix recipe book. 

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus:
* 6 ounces roasted red peppers
*1/2 cup water
*2 tablespoons of olive oil
*1/2 cup Tahini Paste( grounded sesame seeds)
*2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
*2 garlic cloves peeled
*3 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
*1 teaspoon cumin powder
*1 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon pepper

Mix all ingredients together in order listed. add water to mixture to keep mixture flowing freely through blades. 
Yields: 4 cups. 

I am very grateful to have had this Holiday off from work. I got to get a large amount of errands done around the house and I have planned some yummy meals for the week! 

I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. I am gearing up for a long/short week ahead. The shorter weeks always feel longer to me but again, I am grateful for the extra day!

No comments:

Post a Comment