Sunday, August 12, 2012

Last Weekends of Summer

After this weekend, there are only two more weekends until school starts! Crazy how time has flown by.  Holland and I have been trying to see as many people as possible and stay up late watching Vampire Diaries because he knows once I get back to work I will be much more sleepy and fall asleep at 9 o' clock no matter where I am at!

After waking up early and eating breakfast with some friends, we set off to Austin to celebrate a very special birthday! Hollands sister, Allison hit the big three-oh this weekend!
The Bailey Family. Allison, Kevin, Bryce and Raya
Once we got to Austin, we enjoyed some which which sandwiches and then we had a ladies trip out to do some small shopping. Allison will be teaching Pre-K this year so it is sooo much fun to get together and do crafts and projects for our classrooms. Once our craft shopping was done we set off to the pool which was full of laugher, pool toys, floaties and......something else I will get to that in a minute.
The pool had this awesome slide and we all took turns going down it with the kids.
Holland and Allison


Bryce and his Oma

Kevin was sad because he had no one to go down the slide with him!

The Baileys and Lawrences!

Raya and her Opa. 

I went down with Raya a few times but the first time was SCARY for me, not so much for Raya. She was sitting on the slide next to me but I went down WAY quicker than her little body did and I was holding on to her the whole time but we had a big dunk and we went to the bottom of the pool together and once we came up she looked a little shocked then started laughing. Crazy fearless child reminds me so much of her uncle!

After swimming we enjoyed some homemade pizza and some awesome ice cream cake. It was a fun filled day full of family, which are my favorite kind of days. Happy Birthday Allison! I hope you had an beautiful day.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment