Sunday, January 6, 2013

My New and Improved Dressing Room :)

So.... Holland and I have been renting the same home for a year and a half now.  It only has two bedrooms. One is our bedroom and the other is MY VERY OWN DRESSING ROOM aka, our spare bedroom. When we first moved in, the closet in our bedroom was the smaller of the two closets, so Holland got that one and I got the other room. MUAHAHA. Now before you go thinking that I am spoiled, you have no idea how small our closets are.  So small, that Holland could not even fit all of his things in his closet..... so small that Hollands mom gave us a roll away hanging closet for us to put the rest of our clothes on that did not fit in our two that we had. It was depressing, and often times I felt bad because I just had so many clothes! But really, I know our house is old, but I have no idea how people used these! My closet doesn't even have a light and I had to reach inside to find anything I wanted/needed. I often would use my cell phone in the darkness to retrieve clothes and eventually I would just give up and just keep the seasonal clothes out on the rollaway rack and the rest in the closet of doom. UNTIL NOW!!!

For Christmas, Holland built me my very own clothes rack!!! it was a few weeks before Christmas when the idea came to him. We were driving and all of the sudden he said " I just got a good idea.... I know what I am going to make you for Christmas!" When he said make I got really excited because he is awesome at welding, building and everything in between. I caught him measuring in my dressing room and I got all giddy like a kid " OOOOOOOHHHHH I said.... ITS FOR MY DRESSING ROOM!!!"  Two weeks before Christmas I was cleaning around the house and I usually go through Hollands pants before they go in the wash and I found the sketch but I was good, people! I peeked and instantly knew it was my gift so I stopped looking and I even gasped when I realized I had seen it! 



Well due to our trip out East for Christmas and New Years at the Lake House, my clothes rack made it to the house yesterday afternoon so I had ALL day today to organize organize organize. I popped in my Adele record that my sister got me and I sang my heart out and organized that room and it looks spectacular!

This photo below is a picture from when we first moved in with the rollaway rack.  So don't get all excited just yet. 

BEFORE

AFTER!!!!!!
 OKAY GET EXCITED!!!! I LOOOOOVE that I can see all my clothes now.  ALL OF THEM!! EVERYTHING!!! ALL OF IT!!!!!  Also, now if people come and visit, we don't have to roll away the other one to the corner.  I don't know if any of you realize the difficulty it was to get ready some days. Today, when I was going through my closet of doom, it was like I was shopping for new clothes. I found stuff in the corner that I haven't seen since I lived in College Station!

I wanted to take some photos to point out just how talented my Holland is. He used materials to give it a vintage feel (which I love that feeling about EVERYTHING), he said he stripped the poles to give them the rustic feeling. He even put levelers on the bottom because again, we have an old house and it is not leveled all around.


I seriously could sleep in here and just stare at my wardrobe. 




Shelves for all my pants, jeans and shorts! I even put scarves at the bottom. 
This was an awesome gift, and even if we ever move somewhere where I have a larger closet, this can always be used for a coat holder or we could add more shelves to make it into some furniture for another room.

Thanks babe, you are the best!

Back to work for me tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing the kiddos. Hope you all have a fantastic week!


No comments:

Post a Comment