Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Rewinds



Fall is here and thankfully, weekends have been going by slower than usual. They are still over within a blink of an eye. However, lately I have felt so relaxed and refreshed and ready to conquer the next week. I have appreciated the fall-ish weather for Texas. I will take the 85 degree temperature and attempt to throw on a scarf and boots! I am so ready for San Antonio to hit those really chilly nights.  

Some Highlights from our Fall weekends. 

1) Finally purchasing pumpkins! We got our pumpkins last weekend before Halloween.  I am OBSESSED with Fairytale Pumpkins and I loved the baby white ones I found.  We did not carve any pumpkins. I have found that just leaving them as is makes them last SOOOO much longer. 


Hannah and Bleu with our Pumpkins on the porch.

2) BAKING! I have been baking so much lately and I love it. It distresses me, even though I make a total mess in the kitchen. I love the smell of a house when you walk in and something has been baking. Last weekend I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and this weekend I made Hollands grandmas recipe for Banana Bread. YUM.


3) Coffee with mom. Last Friday I had coffee and a lemon bar with my mom at our favorite stops, Local Coffee and Bird Bakery.  It had been one of "those" days and it was so nice to just sit and vent for bit, eat a lemon bar and move on.  My mom got both of us coffee mugs with a "B" on it. She told me it can stand for Bruns but it also can stand for Beautiful. I love her, she always knows the right things to say. 

4) Gardening: Holland and I officially started our Fall Garden a few weekends ago.  We have our herbs in the garden still but we planted Broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, swiss chard, romaine lettuce, cabbage and mixed greens.  Everything is growing very nicely. It is nice to have new plants in the beds to tend to.



So, you see that space in the front of the bed that looks empty? That is where we planted our romaine seeds that look like this now.

5) Last but not least- getting woken up on sleep in days by these two adorable faces.


This is my side of the bed and as you can see it is VERY narrow. It is hilarious to watch Bleu turn around.  They both know their momma wakes up way before their dad does! 

SNUGGLY TIME! 


When I die, I want to come back as one of my dogs :)
Two weeks until Thanksgiving Break! Whoop!

1 comment: