Monday, November 19, 2012

Twilight!!



I am saddened (with the rest of the world) that the Twilight Saga is now over!!! For the past 5 years, I have dreamed about Twilight, always waiting anxiously for the next movie to come out!

 I was a sophomore in college when I heard about the books.  Once I got a hold of the first book and flew through it, it did not take much time for me to read the other three.  LUCKILY, all the books were released when I discovered them so I did not have to wait for a book release! I read all the books before the first movie came out.  I went to the first midnight showing with three of my best friends, Allison, Jessica and Deanne.  We made it like we had a date with Edward. We were all so excited to meet Edward as he came to life on screen from everything we had read from the books. I CANNOT express how awesome it is to fall in love with a book and then watch it come alive in front of you.  Yes, the Twilight movies have gotten mixed reviews, mainly people saying how ridiculous they are and how terrible the acting is. To me, it did not matter. I WAS IN LOVE WITH IT!! I saw the first movie seven times..... yes 7 times in the movie theaters.  I was living in College Station and the movie tickets were $4.00 and I was obsessed. The obsession grew over the years and if you really know me, you know how much I love this series! 


After the first movie was released, my friend Allison made me a new profile picture for my Facebook. I put it up in celebration of the second movie coming out!! Even though Edward is hardly in it I was still pumped!!




My cousin got me a life-sized Edward for Christmas and he stayed with me and scared me all the time!! Hannah did not like him, I agreed with her that the real Edward would be better!



My friends and I would stumble upon the most hilarious Twilight Spoofs and we would laugh so hard together. This by far is my favorite. Funny Twilight Spoof 


This twilight spoof started the jokes of the vampire teeth with fingers.  Also phrases like "Get on my back! We're going for a VAMPIRE RIDE!"

This was at the Eclipse Midnight showing.  My mom and I got there 6 hours before the movie started!!
Spring 2010 Spring Break in Canada looking for Edward

For my 22nd Birthday my mom got me Twilight plates for the cake!! :)
For the last movie, I felt the same excitement to go see it. Since I am a real adult now I did not go tot he Midnight showing but went to see it Friday evening after work.  My friend Sarah pick me up so we could go wait in line to get a good seat! Holland and Jon met us later.  Sarah and I ordered the most AWESOME VAMPIRE MOVIE DRINK EVER!! They brought my drink when I got up to go use the rr and when I got back there was blood, I mean sangria all over the table.  Luckily they brought me another one no charge.




My by far favorite moment of the last movie was the very last scene when Bella moved her shield so that Edward can finally read her mind. I was balling like a baby. Literally, tears streaming down my face.  Holland told me to get a hold of myself and I tried but it was like a time warp watching all the old scenes of them together. It finally hit me that this was over.

 My friend Jon was hilarious with his comments at the end of the movie. If you have seen it- you know at the end when the credits roll and they were showing every single actor/actress that had been in the films? People in our theatre were clapping and Jon was like "um, is this graduation or something? Then we were standing outside the theatre Jon said there was a specific line Bella said that was just sooo Cheesy. I knew EXACTLY what line.

Me: the part where she says no one can every love anyone the way that I love you?!"
Jon: Yea, I lost it at that point.
 Me: MEEE TOOO. Well I lost it in a different way....


I loved the books, I loved the movies. I just LOVED it all.

p.s. The soundtrack is AWESOME.  Got mine at Target for 10 dollars! go get yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment