Saturday, October 27, 2012

Unexpected Halloween

Let me start off by saying, I LOVE FRIDAYS. However, I am sure MANY of you understand that after a long week, sometimes all you want to do on a Friday is put on you pajamas and sit on a couch and watch all the shows you missed. With the cold weather last night Holland and I decided to be adventurous 25 year olds.  Instead of putting on pajamas and watching shows we were going to go to a movie. Believe me, these days that is adventurous for us. We have both been so busy, tired and just overwhelmed.  Going to a movie sounded like a mini vacation.

On our way to the movies we got into contact with our friends, Jon and Sarah. Sarah said there was a Halloween cover band show playing and that maybe we could get dinner and we could decide if we wanted to go. Immediately my brain was like "YES, lets go be social!!!" We arrived at Jon's house and my brain was so fried that it literally took me 5-7 minutes to realize what the show really meant. "HALLOWEEN COVER BAND SHOW". It never crossed my mind in these moments since the phone call that 1) People will probably be wearing costumes. 2) Oh wow.... Holland and I don't even have costumes......3) We are going to be THOSE PEOPLE that look like they just aren't fun and don't dress up...... I walked up to Holland after seeing clearly Jon and Sarah has their costumes ready and I said "I don't know if we should go..... we don't have any costumes.... sadly Holland agreed and we really became ashamed that the Halloween weekend had creeped up on us without us knowing.  We were on the fence on if we should go or not. Sarah, Jon and his mom were pulling out costumes out of this magical closet with really the best costumes EVER. Holland had a lightbulb moment and remembered he had a lederhosen that I got him for his birthday last year and then Sarah's eyes got all big and she said "JONS MOM HAS A GERMAN GIRL OUTFIT!!!"

With a little tweaks and a quick swing back by our house we were on our way to celebrate Halloween weekend.

Jon and Holland being friendly and sharing a drink. 

Sarah the Snail!! Loved her DIY costume!


Add caption

 It was the most unplanned thing we have done in a while and I am very glad we did. We got to go see some other peoples great costumes and we got to listen to cover bands that sang songs from the movie Labrynth!!  I hope every one has a very fun and safe Halloween Weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment